Fixed term investment
How does it work?
The Fixed Term Investment option works like a fixed-term savings account - your super is invested for a fixed term (12 months) and earns interest at a predetermined rate (so long as you hold the investment for the full term), subject to the access restrictions under superannuation law.
|JUNE FIXED TERM INVESTMENT|
|1.99%||All other accounts|
|Apply by 25 May 2017|
Features at a glance
- Available to all members who have an accumulation account
- 12-month term
- Investment dates: 1 March, 1 June, 1 September, 1 December
- Minimum investment: $20,000
- Maximum investment: 80% of your account balance
- Fixed interest rate, net of fees and (any) tax
- Interest rate set 2-3 weeks before the investment date
- Available for account balances - not for regular contributions
- No switches to other investment options during the term are permitted
- No early withdrawals during the term permitted
- No automatic reinvestment at the end of the term
What are the benefits of the Fixed Term Investment?
You'll benefit from:
- a predetermined return at a competitive interest rate if held until the end of the term
- favourable tax rates for super
- the flexibility to split your remaining super with Maritime Super’s five other market-linked investment options
It’s suitable for members who like the idea of knowing in advance the investment return for the next year – you know what your return will be, which gives you peace of mind.
To learn more about the Fixed Term Investment, contact Member Services on 1800 757 607.
Apply for a Fixed Term Investment
Click here to download a copy of the Fixed Term Investment application