Maritime Super is the industry super fund of employers and employees of the maritime industry.
We welcome all employers operating in the stevedoring, seafaring or maritime-related industries. We also welcome employers outside the maritime industry who have an employee who is an existing or former Maritime Super (or SERF) member and family of existing members in certain circumstances (although this is limited to the spouse and children of existing members of the Seafarers division or Maritime Super division).
If you operate in the maritime industry, you may have a workplace or Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) which stipulates that you must contribute to Maritime Super (or the Stevedoring Employees Retirement Fund as it was previously known) or you may be required to contribute to Maritime Super to comply with your workplace undertakings for employees. In either event, if you agree to participate in the Fund, Maritime Super satisfies the requirements to be a default fund under Superannuation Guarantee legislation.
Benefits of employer membership with Maritime Super
Benefits of joining Maritime Super as an employer include:
A dedicated team of administrative professionals
- Streamlined administration procedures to minimise paperwork.
- Specialised Member Services team (who can provide general financial product advice under ASIC requirements) operate out of our Sydney and Melbourne offices and are on hand to assist you.
Convenient payment options
Maritime Super offers two ways for employers to contribute - click here to learn about how you can make your contributions.
Assurance that Maritime Super is a complying fund
- the Trustee certifies that Maritime Super is a resident regulated and complying superannuation fund under the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act (SIS) and its regulations.
- Maritime Super permits the transfer of benefits into the Fund and will preserve them in accordance with the SIS regulations.
- Maritime Super is a complying fund for the purpose of taxation and Superannuation Guarantee legislation.
Download the Maritime Super Certificate of Compliance
The knowledge that your employees have access to flexible insurance cover
Maritime Super offers death insurance to all members (other than pension members), subject to health assessment, restrictions and exclusions. Total and Permanent Disability insurance cover and Salary Continuance insurance cover (also known as Income Protection cover) are also available to some categories of membership.
In some categories of membership, an employer is required to contribute to provide these benefits or is able to make additional contributions to fund these benefits. Contact Member Services to find out if these options are available to you.
Learn more about Maritime Super's insurance options
Regular communications updates
- access to a wealth of information, resources and tools (including information sheets, regular newsletters, market updates and investor education).
- member education seminars which can be held at a participating employer's workplace.